Friday, February 17, 2012

structured creativity

Looks like the trinity poster is striking again!  Perfect timing to be kicking off the first day of my February break too.  After watching some TED talks and reading some posts about schools killing creativity I remembered a poem and had written last year after an educational psychology class.  Basically it was based about some ideas put forth by Whitehead and my own experiences related to this ideas in my own ventures in my photography and writing and while they started off purely instinctual with the help of some structure I was able to raise the creativity to a whole new level!


Whitehead’s Theory
for Darren, Baylee and Lauren

Trading free time
    for time tables
and passion
for precsion
sometimes it takes
structured instruction
to expand beyond
instinctive creativity

No comments: